Tekken

clip_image001

5th of August.. Premiers date for Tekken. Never in my life I would watch a movie on the premiers day but there is always 1st time in everything right?

What attracts me to watch?

Seriously i never looked up to this movie at all… Since the day i heard Tekken is in production, my enthusiasm fell straight on the floor. But I went up to IMDB to check the ratings; I nearly fell off the chair when i saw the rating. It’s extremely high rating for a movie of such genre, I instantaneously called my cousin and asked if he would like to take the risk his time to catch Tekken with me.

A Brief Synopsis

It sets during the world was in war and chaos, a young man Jin Kazama (Jon Foo) witnessed the death of her mother  and swore vengeance on the responsible killer, Kazuya (Ian Anthony Dale). But first, he needs to compete and win the “King of Iron Fist” tournament against world’s top fighters to achieve his goal.

WARNING : MASS SPOILERS AHEAD!

Review:

A note to the producer: You darn well know fighting-game genre would not work with your low-budget plan. Now you have destroyed another fighting game franchise.. How many more are there left? Please do not attempt to produce another movie like this unless you’re seriously about it.

Well, in case you read my note to the producer, you people should know how i felt about this movie. It’s disappointing; i don’t think the production company is even serious about making this film in the first place.

Allow me to explain why this movie is not worth watching at all.

Characters Portrayal:-

Sadly to say.. Other than Heihachi Mishima, rest of the characters deliberately failed to imitate the Tekken fighters. Jin, for example looks so much like a lad than a martial artist who is suppose fierce, mature and charismatic.  

Action:-

I was glad to know most of the actors are stuntmen so i wasn't that worried at first, then came the worst cameraman and ruined it, Not only that, the characters had no stances or fighting style. And the best part is.. Tekken fighters finishes their opponents off UFC style of fighting.. Ironic..

Costumes:-

Ah… Finally there is something good that I can talk about , the costumes are all similar with the game. At least they did put in some budget on clothing. Even Hoshimitsu had a decent armor.

Acting: -

Now, tell me how you expected it to be.. Yup no surprises, they just can’t act

Special Effects:-

Other than a few explosion scenes, don’t expect anything more

Ok i guessed that’s all, i think it’s more than a comedy film than a action film where i laughed my @$$ off when i saw how Marshall Law , Kazuya and Heihachi looked.

I personally think the only adequate actor is Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa who plays Heihachi, well it’s a low-budget film.. i should know better.

clip_image002clip_image003

P.S For those who have yet to watch the film,you  save your time and money unless you have nothing better to do

My rating 3/10

IMDB rating 7.2/10

There must be some mistakes..

Tell me what you think? Please feel free to comment

1 Response to "Tekken"

  1. Anonymous says:

    awesome review dude. totally agreed. the movie is a joke and a total waste of time and cash

Powered by Blogger