The Expandables (2010)

The-Expendables-movie-poster1-404x600

Woot! Look at the poster..  Look at how many action stars are featured in this movie!  I bet all of you are anticipating for this film.. let's take a look of what they had in stored for us.

A Brief Synopsis

Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone) and his team of mercenaries  are hired to take down a vicious dictator in Vilena, a fictional country in South America.

Review.. 

I’m sure everyone is expecting this to be a hit considering the huge amount of stars in a single film. In fact, it is a ‘Hit'’ worldwide, generating $34.8 million in its opening week.

Sadly, to say.. I wasn’t impressed with the film at all. Maybe I have had too many expectations on them, or maybe they are just aren’t that good but whatever, one mans’ meat is another man's poison right.??

Let’s come back to the reviewing part, this is supposed to be an action movie, but I find that amount action scenes are too few to be true, as the matter of fact, I can actually recall how many of them were there in the whole movie. No doubt, there is one astonishing scene that ‘woo’ us all, yeah only 1.

Next, let's talk about the casts, we all heard rumors that Sylvester Stallone is in debt while after the movie was made right?? :)  I wasn’t sure at first, but I got convinced once  I saw the female lead. Oh My Gosh.. I think they are pretty out of budget that they have to hire someone who got no looks, no body figure,  and cant act, yeah I'm serious. Well, I never like Sylvester Stallone’s acting that much, and this movie did not change that fact either, but I gotta admit, he is much better now. However, there is this one man who made the film get interesting when I was falling asleep, and that guy is…….Jason Statham!!! Yeah, its been years since ‘Transporter 1',’ and this guy is still good as ever.. Especially the scene at the basketball court.. Now that’s what I called action.. And let’s not forget the Chinese guy, Jet Li, I don’t really know why he had accepted such role, I mean for someone like Jet Li  to play a clown is just too much! He is better than that, you know what I mean. Well, maybe he is doing Sylvester a favour, who knows?

Expendables V.S. A-Team??!!

I had this friend who made this interesting statement, I heard him said “ Expendables is better than A-Team!”. OK, I did not comment earlier is because I want to save it for this blog. Here is what I got to say:  Expendables' is no where near A-Team, in terms of  the storyline, acting, action scene, and even the conclusion of the film beats The Expendables’ flat! Not to even mention the weak plot of the film..

Well, that’s all I got to say :) Thanks for reading!

Fair Comment? Tell me what you think.

My rating 7/10

IMDB rating 7.6/10

2 Response to "The Expandables (2010)"

  1. ManGo says:

    Expandables is just another good action movie, but pretty much seen-it-all type.

    Watching the A-Team is like watching the hardcore James Bond. You get a lot of unexpected moments and the actions are just wild awesome! flying a tank is pure awesomeness!

    Hey buddy,

    Yup i totally agreed on what you said, guess you on the A-Team side too huh :)

Powered by Blogger